The Proven Method
So, what is this wonderful method I hear you cry? Well, it is extremely simple, will not make a mess and will not damage your vehicles windscreen. I’ve make this a step by step guide below so you can easily read and share this information if you so wish.
- Make sure your windscreen is clean – very clean. Also ensure that there is no chemicals or residue on the area you wish to place your device. Best to use either a lint free cloth or kitchen roll
- Boil a kettle of water and pure into a bowl.
- Very carefully, hold the suction cup (not the plastic bit, but the rubbery bit) into the boiling water for about 60 seconds.
- Take the suction cup out of the water and dry it thoroughly but carefully – again, use a kitchen roll as to not leave any dust or fibres on the suction cup.
- Whilst it is still hot, push the suction cup onto your windscreen where you want to place it.
- Push hard, as hard as you can, onto the windscreen but (if your device has one) do not pull the suction cup lock lever.
- Keeping pushing hard on the suction cup for about 1-2 minutes, not just a few seconds.
- Whilst still pushing, pull the suction cup locking lever into place. This should be quite hard to pull due to the suction it already has, but this is good, just go ahead and pull it hard enough for it to lock into place.
- Let go and then leave it for 30-60 minutes.
- Attach your device carefully to the suction cup (if it is not attached) and that’s it!
You should then find that the suction cup will take in place and is very sturdy and it should stay there for as long as you want it there.
We would love to hear your feedback on this guide and see if it has helped anyone else apart from myself! Just leave us a quick note below in the comments section and go ahead and feel free to share this guide with all folk out there that have to face this annoyance every day!
Thanks for reading….
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?