Last updated on August 19th, 2023 at 01:10 am
First of all, you will need to download the offline installer from the download location below:
Then you can create to distribution package in Configuration Manager and the silent command line that you need to use is:
wlsetup-all.exe /AppSelect:MovieMaker /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /NOMU /nosearch /q
These command parameters each mean the following:
- /AppSelect:MovieMaker – install just the movie maker app from the installer
- /NOToolbarCEIP – do not install the toolbar
- /NOhomepage – do not change my homepage
- /Nolaunch – do not launch the program on completion
- /NOMU – do not run Windows Updates
- /nosearch – do not change my default search engine
- /q – run the installer silently
If you need a detection method for this, you can use the root executable file for Movie Maker which should sit in the %programfiles% location under the Photo Gallery folder.
If you have any comments or questions about this guide, please feel free to use our comments system below.
If you want to be notified when we post more quality guides like this one, sign up to our free subscription service and you will receive an email when a new post is live.
No need to worry, we will not be filling your inbox with spam and you can unsubscribe anytime you like.