According to recent statistics, there will be a projected 7.49 billion mobile app users all over the world by 2025. It means a mobile app has become a powerful channel for growing the user’s involvement and increasing your company revenue.
Building a mobile app involves many stages, processes, and approaches. Shaping the idea, hiring the development team, deciding on the set of features, design, and release of the app – and it is only a shortlist of processes involved. GBKSOFT, a mobile development company, has shared useful insights about the ways to build a mobile app gained in practical experience. You will get to know how to organize the process and approach mobile app development properly.
Before starting the mobile app development, one needs to focus on the main business objectives and needs. Moreover, you need to research the current market niche and target audience. After that, you approach one of the most important decisions – the choice of the platform for building the mobile app.
- Native app development
Native apps are developed for a specific operating system and cannot run on various OS. Developers write native code for each device. Exist two dominating systems – Android and iOS. For each of them exist a specific programming language and a coding language respectively – Swift or Objective C for iOS, and Java or Kotlin for Android.
Benefits of choosing native app development:
- Smooth performance and high capacity;
- Ability to integrate the richer set of features;
- Data security;
- Native code runs faster;
- Excellent user-friendly design.
Drawbacks of building a native app:
- Higher development budget;
- The need to build a separate app for each OS;
- The necessity to hire two development teams.
- Hybrid app development
Hybrid apps are built with the help of multi-platform technologies. It is a type of web-based app, however, it looks like a native one. Exists a great number of hybrid frameworks available on the market. The most widely used ones are Flutter, Angular, React Native, etc.
Benefits of building a hybrid app:
- The one hybrid app can be modified to smoothly operate on different platforms;
- Lower development budget;
- Single codebase for maintaining;
- Quicker and simpler updates.
Drawbacks of building a hybrid app:
- Lower performance in comparison to native app development;
- The cost for development and maintenance of the hybrid app may overreach the cost of the native app;
- More time- and effort-consuming.
- Progressive web applications
Progressive app development presupposes a completely new approach for app development, different from building native and hybrid apps. Using this approach enables the integration of various APIs, enabling more extensive interaction between the web pages. They can be loaded as the usual web pages, however, they offer extensive functionality. More and more experts claim that it is the future of mobile app development.
Benefits of launching the Progressive Web App (PWA):
- Ability to integrate various API’s;
- The app can comprise a rich set of features;
- Cloud storage enables an app to stay consistent and offer a stable connection.
Drawbacks of building PWA:
- The technology is not mature yet;
- No access to mobile app stores;
- Inability to access hardware features of the current device.
There are many tech opportunities on the modern tech market for mobile app development, however, it is always an individual choice. It is a great strategy to orientate individual business needs and opportunities while making the decision. Undoubtedly, you may choose the flexible option, however, you need to take into account all the possible limitations and drawbacks.
Custom mobile app development is a great strategic move since it converts potential customers into real ones and enables you to expand your business horizons. This long-term investment will pay off in terms of sales, revenue, and improved customer experience. It also offers the opportunity to build a cross-platform app.
- You may build a native app with code reuse. The business logic can be built in one pure language, while UI code may be written in a language, adapted to a specific operating system. It also allows optimization in the process of the implementation of API. For instance, you may use some open-source libraries for device-specific APIs.
- Offer native app experience while writing only one code. Using Xamarin allows building code once in C# and it will convert to other code on native platforms.
- No matter which way of mobile app development you will choose, you need to be familiar with the tech tools that can assist in this process. As you may already know, depending on the operating system, iOS or Android, the tech stack differs.
- Concerning the methodology, for most of the projects, the best possible option is the Agile methodology. It allows reflecting and tracking the project progress through all stages of development. The utilization of Agile methodologies also enables faster delivery and instant debugging.
- Several mistakes are worth avoiding while launching mobile app development. The list comprises poor documentation, lack of appropriate documentation as well as missing deadlines. It all can affect the relationships between the customer and development company and negatively influence the end-product quality.
Launching a mobile app development is always a good strategic move since it becomes a channel for communication with potential clients as well as a way to uncover your business potential. However, one needs to approach this seriously, choosing the best possible way to build a mobile app. It will save time, effort, and budgeting supporting your business growth.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?