We believe that VLC Player is the best media player available on the internet at the moment and has been for some time, but there is no MSI installer for it. MSI installers can be used easily for distribution using systems like Configuration Manager, WDS or Group Policy.
So, we have taken the standalone version of VLC Player v3.0.11 and created a MSI installer from it.
You can download the MSI installer for VLC using our new MSI Downloader tool. Just download the tool, select Utilities from the left side menu and click on the VLC Player option. The MSI installer will then download to your desktop.
Alternatively, you can get the MSI installer as a direct download or from our SourceForge project page.
Download VLC Player MSI Installer
MSI Downloader Tool
If you are unfamiliar with MSI silent installations, you can use the parameters as per below to push out a variety of different installations – great for Group Policy or Configuration Manager push outs.
If you want to run the MSI installers as completely silent, then you can use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i "MSIinstaller.msi" /q /norestart
If you want to run the MSI installers as automated but displayed to the end user, then you can use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i "MSIinstaller.msi" /passive /norestart
- msiexec.exe – this starts the MSI installer engine
- /i – this tells the msiexec.exe to run an install
- “MSIinstaller.msi” – filename of the MSI installer
- /q – tells the msiexec.exe to run as silent
- /passive – tells the msiexec.exe to run as automated but display to end user
- /norestart – tells the msiexec.exe to not allow an automatic restart after installation completion
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this post, please feel free to leave us a message below in the comments section.