If you would like to distribute Mozilla Firefox using Group Policy, WDS or SCCM, then you will probably appreciate having the MSI installer to do this. As you are probably aware by now, there is a website that build and distribute the MSI installers for Firefox.
You can get the MSI download for version 81.0b6 using a few different methods as below:
MSI Downloader Tool
We also have a large range of MSI installers available, including all Firefox MSI installers, which you can now browse using the link below:
RSS Feed for Updates
You can connect to our SourceForge RSS feed to get immediate notification of any MSI Installer updates that are made available. Just click the link below and use your favourite RSS feed reader!
If you are unfamiliar with MSI silent installations, you can use the parameters as per below to push out a variety of different installations – great for Group Policy or Configuration Manager push outs.
If you want to run the MSI installers as completely silent, then you can use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i "MSIinstaller.msi" /q /norestart
If you want to run the MSI installers as automated but displayed to the end user, then you can use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i "MSIinstaller.msi" /passive /norestart
- msiexec.exe – this starts the MSI installer engine
- /i – this tells the msiexec.exe to run an install
- “MSIinstaller.msi” – filename of the MSI installer
- /q – tells the msiexec.exe to run as silent
- /qb+! – quiet installation with GUI
- /passive – tells the msiexec.exe to run as automated but display to end user
- /norestart – tells the msiexec.exe to not allow an automatic restart after installation completion
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this post, please feel free to leave us a message below in the comments section.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?