Last updated on April 1st, 2023 at 08:46 pm
If you have Wireshark users in your environment you could probably benefit from having the MSI installers for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
You can get the MSI installer as a direct download or from our SourceForge project page.
Download Wireshark MSI Installer
RSS Feed for Updates
You can connect to our SourceForge RSS feed to get immediate notification of any MSI Installer updates that are made available. Just click the link below and use your favourite RSS feed reader!
If you are unfamiliar with MSI silent installations, you can use the parameters as per below to push out a variety of different installations – great for Group Policy or Configuration Manager push outs.
If you want to run the MSI installers as completely silent, then you can use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i "MSIinstaller.msi" /q /norestart
If you want to run the MSI installers as automated but displayed to the end user, then you can use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i "MSIinstaller.msi" /passive /norestart
- msiexec.exe – this starts the MSI installer engine
- /i – this tells the msiexec.exe to run an install
- “MSIinstaller.msi” – filename of the MSI installer
- /q – tells the msiexec.exe to run as silent
- /passive – tells the msiexec.exe to run as automated but display to end user
- /norestart – tells the msiexec.exe to not allow an automatic restart after installation completion
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this post, please feel free to leave us a message below in the comments section.
If you want to be notified when we post more quality guides like this one, sign up to our free subscription service and you will receive an email when a new post is live.
No need to worry, we will not be filling your inbox with spam and you can unsubscribe anytime you like.