Microsoft Edge Released for iOS and Android
Microsoft have now released Edge for iOS and Android. Personally, I don’t like Edge and use Chrome 99% of the time, but if you are a Microsoft fan and you want their latest browser on your mobile devices then you can grab Edge using the links below:
So what does Edge give you on your mobile devices?
Taking a look at the iOS release first, the reviews so far seem pretty good with one reviewer stating “God bless this app” – not sure about that, but the list of features are:
- Continue on PC: Go anywhere and pick up where you left off by seamlessly moving content between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
- Data Sync: Your favorites, passwords, and reading list are synced across your devices, so no matter the device, your browser is always personalized to you.
- Hub View: With your favorites, reading list, history and books all in one place, finding and managing your content is made simple.
- QR Code Reader: Easily read QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the reading and information right onto your screen.
- Voice Search: You can now use your voice to search the web. Ask a question or speak a prompt to use the web in more natural, familiar ways.
- InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (like your history, temporary internet files, and cookies) isn’t saved on your PC once you’re done.
On the Android side of things, the reviews are pretty good with a 4.3 rating at the time of this post with over 8000 people rating it 5 stars already.
All the features are the same as with the iOS app, but with a completely uninspiring “What’s New?” section stating:
Thanks for using Microsoft Edge. In this update we have improved performance.
I mean come on, surely they can do better than that?!
I’ve tried to use Edge and to be honest, I simply do not like it, but if you are a Microsoft junky and you want it on your iOS or Android (why have you not got a Lumia then?) then go ahead and download it.
Here are a few screenshots for the iPad that I have shamelessly stolen from the iOS download page:
We would love to hear your feedback on this Edge release so feel free to leave us a message below in our comments section.