Last updated on April 1st, 2023 at 08:40 pm
If you want to allow a user to ‘Send-as’ a Universal Distribution Group, you cannot do this by right clicking the Distribution Group in Exchange and managing send-as permissions as you would with a shared mailbox or user mailbox.
However, the following will allow you to carry this task using Active Directory instead of from within Exchange:
- Open Active Directory Users & Computers
- Activate Advanced Features in the View menu
- Find the distribution list you want to send as
- Open the properties and go to the Security tab
- Add the user or group in question
- Check the Send As permission
This should now give the end user permissions to send as a Distribution Group.
If you want to be notified when we post more quality guides like this one, sign up to our free subscription service and you will receive an email when a new post is live.
No need to worry, we will not be filling your inbox with spam and you can unsubscribe anytime you like.