Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 08:51 pm
if you have a Dell PowerVault drive and are struggling to install it, then you should try these steps below:
- Connect the PowerVault drive to a server.
- Power on the drive & wait about 5 minutes or until the unit states that it is ready on the front panel.
- Then power on the server.
- Once the server boots into windows then you will need to install the drivers from the link below:
- Extract the downloaded file and browse into the correct OS folder for your server. You will need to run the file called install_nonexclusive.exe
- Once the drivers finish installing then you will need to reboot the server.
- Once the sever has rebooted then you will need to confirm in device manger that you can see both the Medium changer and the tape drive.
- Once both the medium changer and tape drive are seen in device manger then you will need to go into backup exec & run the tape install wizard so that Vertitas Backup Exec can see & use the drive.
If you have any questions or feedback on this guide, please feel free to leave us a comment below.
If you want to be notified when we post more quality guides like this one, sign up to our free subscription service and you will receive an email when a new post is live.
No need to worry, we will not be filling your inbox with spam and you can unsubscribe anytime you like.