Autodesk Design Review 2013 crashes when opening big files
If you are using Autodesk Design Review 2013 then you may have come across an issue where when you try and open large files, the program crashes and then will throw a dialogue box at you wanting to submit the diagnostic information back to Autodesk.
There is a very simple fix to get around this problem and it is linked to the display driver in the computer you are using having problems in fully displaying the file. So to get around it, you just need to change the viewer to use software rather than hardware.
These may also help you...
- How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram Online
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Product Keys
- How to Mass Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
So to change the settings, open up Design Review without opening any files. Then carry out the following steps:
- Click on the big “D” in the top left corner and then click on Options
- This will open the Options box, go along to the third tab called Model
- In the first section named View settings, next to Driver, click the dropdown menu
- Then select the Software (OpenGL) from the list
- Click OK button
Now, exit from Design Review and open it again – now try and open the large file and it should open without any issues.
If you have any feedback on this guide or if you have any troubles with it, please feel free to leave us a comment below.