You may have seen our post recently about the WordPress plugin JetPack causing our site to crash due to massive resource usage. Well, as we had removed JetPack, we wanted another site stats plugin so we tried WP Statistics.
This proved to be even worse, completely taking all our hosting down completely for 16 minutes whilst we had to go into the back end to kill the plugin processes and remove the plugin from our WordPress installation.
So, it seems that, in our case anyway, the site stats plugins seem to be the ones causing us all the problems with high resource usage including the dreaded 100% CPU usage.
We would like to hear from you whether you have had any similar problems with high usage on WordPress installations and what you have done to rectify them. Any good ones we will share on here and credit you of course!
Just leave us a message below using our comments section.