If you want to add a local machine user to your deployed machine during your SCCM OSD process then you can do this using a standard “Run Command Line” step.
So, you need to add a “Run Command Line” step in your task sequence towards the end, after the Windows deployment and after the ConfigMgr Client install. You should then give it a meaningful name and use the following command line:
cmd.exe /c net user LocalAdmin Pa55w0rd# /add /comment:"Local Admin Account" /expires:never /fullname:"Local Admin Account"
Each of these parts are detailed below and can be changed to your own requirements:
- cmd.exe /c – required to run a successful command
- net user – run the “net user” command
- LocalAdmin – name of the local admin account you want to create
- Pa55w0rd# – the password of the local admin account you want to create
- /add – to add the user
- /comment:”Local Admin Account” – this is the description of the local account
- /expires:never – means the account will never expire (note account NOT password will never expire)
- /fullname:”Local Admin Account” – full name details for the local account
When you have completed this, you should have something that looks a little like this:
Now when the task sequence runs through it will run this command and add the local user. Note that this will add the user add a “Standard” user, if you want to then make this user (or any other local user) as a local administrator then take a look at our guide for this here.
If you have any feedback about this guide, please feel free to leave us a message below using our comments section.
Enter your email address below and click the Subscribe button to receive email notifications about new and exciting downloads available through our website at https://www.techygeekshome.com
You will also receive notifications about new technical guides, latest news and MSI installer downloads that are available through our blog here at https://blog.techygeekshome.info
We will not spam you and we will not pass on any of your details to anyone else. We tend to post new content once or twice a week.
You can unsubscribe any time you like.