If you want to add a local machine user to your deployed machine during your SCCM OSD process then you can do this using a standard “Run Command Line” step.
So, you need to add a “Run Command Line” step in your task sequence towards the end, after the Windows deployment and after the ConfigMgr Client install. You should then give it a meaningful name and use the following command line:
cmd.exe /c net user LocalAdmin Pa55w0rd# /add /comment:"Local Admin Account" /expires:never /fullname:"Local Admin Account"
Each of these parts are detailed below and can be changed to your own requirements:
- cmd.exe /c – required to run a successful command
- net user – run the “net user” command
- LocalAdmin – name of the local admin account you want to create
- Pa55w0rd# – the password of the local admin account you want to create
- /add – to add the user
- /comment:”Local Admin Account” – this is the description of the local account
- /expires:never – means the account will never expire (note account NOT password will never expire)
- /fullname:”Local Admin Account” – full name details for the local account
When you have completed this, you should have something that looks a little like this:
Now when the task sequence runs through it will run this command and add the local user. Note that this will add the user add a “Standard” user, if you want to then make this user (or any other local user) as a local administrator then take a look at our guide for this here.
If you have any feedback about this guide, please feel free to leave us a message below using our comments section.