SCCM OSD – “A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed”
We today ran into an issue where our SCCM OSD PXE boot was not working. It was coming up with a very confusing message stating:
“A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed”
These may also help you...
- How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram Online
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Product Keys
- How to Mass Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
This led us to start looking at the hard drive and the drivers, however, the solution was completely different.
The problem was that the RamDiskTFTPBlockSize we were using on our distribution point was too high, so we had to lower it to the Microsoft default.
To do this, you should follow these steps:
- Go into regedit on your distribution point server
- Browse to HLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftSMSDP
- Find the RamDiskTFTPBlockSize key
- Edit the decimal to “1456”
- Close regedit