How to export an Exchange Mailbox using Powershell (Exchange Management Shell)
In Exchange Management Shell, you can run the following command to export a mailbox to PST with variables like delete all mail from mailbox after export or maybe excluding Contacts or Calendar.
These may also help you...
- How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram Online
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Product Keys
- How to Mass Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
The command you should use is this:
Export-Mailbox –Identity "alias" -PSTFolderPath C:MAILARCHIVES -EndDate "01/01/2015" -ExcludeFolders "Contacts","Drafts","Notes","Calendar","Tasks" -DeleteContent
The explaination of this command is as below:
- Export-Mailbox – this is the powershell command to export the mailbox
- -Identity “alias” – this is the “alias” of the Exchange Mailbox you want to export
- -PSTFolderPath C:MAILARCHIVES – this is the location your PST will be exported to
- -EndDate “01/01/2015” – when you want to export up to
- -ExcludeFolders – The items you may want to exclude from export – remove or add where applicable
- -DeleteContent – Deletes the mailbox items after export