You may run in to a situation where you need to completely factory reset a Shoretel phone handset. This can be due to a handset being unresponsive or not talking to its headquarter server or local MGC, amongst other reasons like selling your handset!
To carry out a full factory reset you should take the following steps:
- Press the MUTE button and then enter 772667# on the phone keypad
- You need to then enter the default password of 1234#
- The handset should now reset itself and display “Factory Test KPD Mode” on the screen
- Enter 25327# on phone keypad to clear the handset settings
- The handset will then display “Clearing Phone Data“
- The handset will then restart and display “Factory Test KPD Mode“
- You should then take out the power to the handset for 5-10 seconds, then plug the power back into it to fully power cycle the handset
- If there is a firmware update to be applied, it will do it now; it not, it should then display “Available” on the handset.
If you have any comments or questions on this guide, then please feel free to use our comments system below to leave us a message and will will try and reply as soon as we can.
If you want to be notified when we post more quality guides like this one, sign up to our free subscription service and you will receive an email when a new post is live.
No need to worry, we will not be filling your inbox with spam and you can unsubscribe anytime you like.