You may run in to a situation where you need to completely factory reset a Shoretel phone handset. This can be due to a handset being unresponsive or not talking to its headquarter server or local MGC, amongst other reasons like selling your handset!
To carry out a full factory reset you should take the following steps:
- Press the MUTE button and then enter 772667# on the phone keypad
- You need to then enter the default password of 1234#
- The handset should now reset itself and display “Factory Test KPD Mode” on the screen
- Enter 25327# on phone keypad to clear the handset settings
- The handset will then display “Clearing Phone Data“
- The handset will then restart and display “Factory Test KPD Mode“
- You should then take out the power to the handset for 5-10 seconds, then plug the power back into it to fully power cycle the handset
- If there is a firmware update to be applied, it will do it now; it not, it should then display “Available” on the handset.
If you have any comments or questions on this guide, then please feel free to use our comments system below to leave us a message and will will try and reply as soon as we can.
Enter your email address below and click the Subscribe button to receive email notifications about new and exciting downloads available through our website at https://www.techygeekshome.com
You will also receive notifications about new technical guides, latest news and MSI installer downloads that are available through our blog here at https://blog.techygeekshome.info
We will not spam you and we will not pass on any of your details to anyone else. We tend to post new content once or twice a week.
You can unsubscribe any time you like.