Reset a ShoreTel phone handset to factory settings
You may run in to a situation where you need to completely factory reset a Shoretel phone handset. This can be due to a handset being unresponsive or not talking to its headquarter server or local MGC, amongst other reasons like selling your handset!
- Press the MUTE button and then enter 772667# on the phone keypad
- You need to then enter the default password of 1234#
- The handset should now reset itself and display “Factory Test KPD Mode” on the screen
- Enter 25327# on phone keypad to clear the handset settings
- The handset will then display “Clearing Phone Data“
- The handset will then restart and display “Factory Test KPD Mode“
- You should then take out the power to the handset for 5-10 seconds, then plug the power back into it to fully power cycle the handset
- If there is a firmware update to be applied, it will do it now; it not, it should then display “Available” on the handset.