First of all you will need to download the offline installer from the download location below:
Then you can create to distribution package in Configuration Manager and the silent command line that you need to use is:
wlsetup-all.exe /AppSelect:MovieMaker /NOToolbarCEIP /NOhomepage /Nolaunch /NOMU /nosearch /q
These command parameters each mean the following:
- /AppSelect:MovieMaker – install just the movie maker app from the installer
- /NOToolbarCEIP – do not install the toolbar
- /NOhomepage – do not change my homepage
- /Nolaunch – do not launch the program on completion
- /NOMU – do not run Windows Updates
- /nosearch – do not change my default search engine
- /q – run the installer silently
If you need a detection method for this, you can use the root executable file for Movie Maker which should sit in the %programfiles% location under the Photo Gallery folder.
If you have any comments or questions about this guide, please feel free to use our comments system below.