How to Transfer Infrastructure Master FSMO Role to a Different Server
If you want to transfer your Infrastructure Master FSMO Role to a different server then you can follow the steps below to carry this out.
You should first logon to your Domain Controller using an Enterprise Administrator account and then launch an elevated command prompt. You should then enter the following commands within the command prompt:
These may also help you...
- How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram Online
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Product Keys
- How to Mass Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
- connect to server DC2 (DC2 being the server name you want to transfer to)
- q (takes you back to FSMO maintenance)
- ? – will show the available fsmo roles the domain knows about
- transfer infrastructure master