Fix Office 2010 and Office 2013 Products Compatibility & Mimecast Default Exchange Account Error
If you are trying to use Office 2010 and Office 2013 products like Visio or Project and you have Mimecast for Outlook Client, you may find that you get an error like:
“Default account is not an exchange account”
The process below should fix this for you.
These may also help you...
- How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram Online
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Product Keys
- How to Mass Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
Under the following registry key you’ll find a 9.4 key referring to Office 2010 and a 9.5 key referring to Office (inc. Project and Visio) 2013. Please note that this is based on a x64 machine, same applies for x86 but using x86 variables.
- Close all Office products
- Find the registry key as above
- Delete the entire 9.5 key found at this registry location
- Restart machine
This should fix the Mimecast error of “Default account is not an exchange account”.