This update is available to download from the link below:
SCCM 2012 SP1 CU2 Download Link
Microsoft are reporting on their website that the following items have been fixed:
- The Add Site Server Roles Wizard incorrectly blocks adding a site server when the first word of the server’s fully qualified domain name is longer than 15 characters.
- Multiple nodes and property sheets in the Administrator Console can now be announced correctly by screen reader software.
- Virtual Application packages that are saved on a Distributed File System (DFS) share may not migrate from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012. Errors that resemble the following are logged in the MIGMCTRL.log file:
Failed to connect to share productiondfsVirtual ApplicationsApp Source : Error 0x80070520
Impersonation is reverted.
Set the status of the entity Virtual Application 1 to Failed.
Set the status of the job entity Virtual Application 1 to Failed.
Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.MigrationException: Failed to connect to share productiondfsVirtual ApplicationsApp Source : Error 0x80070520
- Nonalphanumeric characters in the CertificateIssuers string cause site assignments not to work in a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Site environment.
Operating system deployment
- Task Sequences may ignore the Multicast Only flag when downloads are performed within the full operating system instead of Windows PE.
- A task sequence that has multiple “Install Application” steps may fail. Additionally, the following error message is logged in the SMSTS.log file:
Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005
- Clients may not download a new operating system image when custom ports are defined for the site server. The SMSTS.log file will contain error messages that resemble the following:
WinHttpQueryHeaders() returns status code 404 (Not Found)
SendWinHttpRequest failed. 80190194.
DownloadFile failed. 80190194.
Error downloading file from to C:_SMSTaskSequencePackagesCAS0000Ainstall_ipremote.cmd
DownloadFiles failed. 80190194.
- Cumulative Update 2 offers limited support for deployment of Windows PE 3.1-based images. These images must be completed before they are added to the site server. If later changes are needed, they can be made by using the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Any Distribution Points that have the old image must be updated.
The following optional components have to be installed beforehand:
The following operations are not supported:
- Installing additional optional component through Configuration Manager
- Adding drivers
- Setting scratch space
- Configuring prestart command
- Configuring background image file
- Enabling and disabling command prompt support (debug mode)
- “Software 09B – Computers with infrequently used software installed” reports do not contain accurate data for Windows Installer-based applications that are updated.
Mobile device management
- Windows Mobile 6.5 devices no longer receive application policies after the site server is upgraded from the release version of Configuration Manager 2012 to Configuration Manager 2012 Service Pack 1.
- The content status of a package is stuck in the “In progress – Waiting for Content” status in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Content status may show a state of “Unknown” when a distribution point on a Configuration Manager 2007 Secondary Site is upgraded to Configuration Manager 2012.
- Status messages from pull-distribution points are now routed through management points instead of directly to site servers. This decreases the site server performance effect of having multiple pull-distribution points.
Updated list of supported Linux and UNIX clients
- The list of supported UNIX and Linux platforms is updated to include x86 and x64 versions of the following:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu 10.04
- Oracle Linux 5
- Oracle Linux 6
- CentOS 5
- CentOS 6
- Debian 5
- Debian 6
- Status Manager may not process changes to built-in Status Filter Rules on localized Configuration Manager installations. Entries similar to the following may be logged in the STATMGR.log file:
ERROR: The component item for SMS_STATUS_MANAGER in the master site control file does not contain property list items for a status filter named “SMS_STATUS_MANAGER”, or those property lists are corrupt or badly formatted.
- Installation of the Client Notification component (bgbisapi.msi) will fail on sites that have custom websites (SMSWEB) or custom ports that are defined. The BGBSetup.log will contain the following errors messages:
bgbisapi.msi exited with return code: 1603
Backing up X:Program FilesMicrosoft Configuration ManagerlogsbgbisapiMSI.log to X:Program FilesMicrosoft Configuration ManagerlogsbgbisapiMSI.log.LastError
Fatal MSI Error – bgbisapi.msi could not be installed
The bgbisapiMSI.log will also contain errors that resemble the following:ERROR: Failed to configure sms ports ‘0x80020009’.
ERROR: Failed to process port information.
Product: BGB http proxy — Internal Error 25011. 80020009
Internal Error 25011. 80020009
CustomAction CcmCreateIISVirtualDirectories returned actual error code 1603
- Active Directory User and Group Discovery methods may not update group relationship data when the “Enable delta discovery” option is selected.
Configuration Manager SDK
- The CPApplet.CPAppletMgr Automation object returns error 0x80040154 when you use the object on a 64-bit operating system that has Configuration Manager Compatibility Shims (32BitCompat.msi) installed.
- Automatic client updates are unsuccessful for Configuration Manager 2007 clients in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Cumulative Update Setup Wrapper (Installer)
- The installer can now be run again on the same site server to create or to re-create deployment assistance items (packages and programs).
- The installer can update the Administrator Console directly when the installer is run on a site server or on a workstation where the console is installed. Earlier versions of the installer only copied the Administrator Console update (.msp) to the file system, and the console update had to be installed separately. The previous installation method of installing the update manually is still supported.
- The logging format is improved to increase detail for tracking progress or for troubleshooting installation failures.