PXE Boot problems during SCCM OSD
I recently have had some issues with machines not PXE booting for me to be able to deploy an image to new machines. I couldn’t quite figure it out as all of our worldwide sites were working perfectly and the office I was working at was also working in one part of the building but not the other.
I spoke to our networking guys and it turned out that the part of the building I was having an issue with was actually on a different DHCP range so the machines in that part of the building could not see the WDS server correctly and in turn, not PXE boot.
These may also help you...
- How to Mass Unfollow on Instagram Online
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Product Keys
- How to Mass Unfollow Everyone on Twitter
To fix this issue was fairly simple, I edited the DHCP settings for this part of the building and added the following settings:
- Option 66 = FQDN of WDS (sccm.lab.local)
- Option 67 = boot file (smsbootx86wdsnbp.com)