Last updated on April 16th, 2023 at 11:26 pm
Since I upgraded our SCCM 2012 environment to Service Pack 1 everything seemed to be working fine. But, after checking the client health monitoring, I noticed that some (a very small percentage) clients were coming back as unhealthy for various different reasons.
So, I started off by looking at a few individual machines that were reporting as unhealthy and the client software on the machines seemed to be only partly installed. Due to this I looked at the client log files located here:
Within here I found some installation errors with the pre-req installations for the client. So I tried to run the MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi file manually and it popped up a UAC (User Access Control) message wanting me to allow the program to run.
Out of pure curiosity I wanted to disable UAC and then push out the client from my ConfigMgr Console and see what happens….so, I manually disabled the UAC on three of the machines, rebooted them and then pushed out the client to re-install again, it then fully installed the client without any pre-req errors and then it reported back as being healthy after the ccmeval had run.
I then made the decision to disable the UAC on all machines using my ConfigMgr Group Policy (we have an environment where we do not need to have UAC enabled for any reason at all, yours may be different) and allowed this to be applied.
I’ve since got all but two of my clients running healthy!
If you want to be notified when we post more quality guides like this one, sign up to our free subscription service and you will receive an email when a new post is live.
No need to worry, we will not be filling your inbox with spam and you can unsubscribe anytime you like.