SCCM 2012 Client Stuck in Provisioning Mode
We recently have had issues with our Windows 7 operating system deployments seemingly not completing fully.
We were getting the following issues:
- The ConfigMgr client was not fully installed – it was displaying the Site Mode as “Unknown”
- The ConfigMgr client was not picking up a certificate – it was displaying as “None”
- The _SMSTaskSequence folder remained on the largest partition and was not being deleted
- Could not install anything from the Software Catalog
- Could not remote onto the client
- Tabs missing from the client control panel applet
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftCCMCcmExec /v ProvisioningMode /t REG_SZ /d false /f <br />
So your first step should look like this:
For your second command line step, you should call it “Turn off System Task Excludes” and for the command line enter the following:
REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftCCMCcmExec /v SystemTaskExcludes /t REG_SZ /d "" /f <br />
So your second step should look like this:
Once you have made these additions then save your task sequence and try another deployment, you should now find that this works perfectly!
If you also have a machine that is affected by this problem and do not want to re-image the machine, you can simply make these changes in the registry manually in Windows, reboot the machine and you should then find that the client will work.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to use our Disqus system below.